- Calibration Bath Selction Guide
- Choosing a bath fluid
- Does Immersion Depth really matter?
- Making the Right Choice for Your Temperature Readout
- Metrology Wells Versus Dry-Wells - Do vertical gradients really matter?
- Selecting a industrial temperature calibrator
- Temperatur Calibration for process applications
- Temperature Calibration Equipment - A technicians guide
- Understanding Emissivity
- Understanding the uncertainties associated with the use of Metrology Wells
- Using thermal imagers fo PCB diagnostics
- Using thermal imagers for building diagnostics
W125 — Metrology Wells Versus Dry-Wells - Do vertical gradients really matter?
Dry-well calibrators are widely used as temperature standards in many calibration laboratories and in various industrial fields. It’s well known that the axial temperature uniformity of a dry-well calibrator is generally worse (usually much worse) than that of a liquid bath. How much do these vertical temperature gradients really affect your calibration? Why would you consider Metrology Wells as an alternative to both dry-wells and fluid baths?